Trying to get all of our community group leaders together for training was hard. Real hard. So we decided (thank to a similar idea from @toddmag) to the take the training to them.
So here is what we do.
- I record a video at least once a month with a 12-18 minute training from me on something to do with community groups.
- I make that video password connected because it’s for leaders only on our Freedom Church vimeo page.
- I then post that video along with brief instructions to our Community Group Leaders page on The City.
- I also add other articles, some questions and other videos from other people if pertinent.
- I ask everyone who is a leader to watch, comment (a form of attendance gathering) and dialogue on the city within the month.
This way we are having once a month training, on-going dialogue and questions with a deadline but people can watch on their schedule.
Has worked much better than “Lets meet on Wednesday at 7:00pm at this house”.